Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Sausage and Peppers with Cherry Tomatoes

Happy Tasty Tuesday!
It's getting cooler outside so I've been bringing out the crock pot so cook up some colder weather meals. There is nothing better than coming home to a home cooked meal after a day of working, without having to do any actual cooking. I really love homemade sauce, so I decided to create my own by adding cherry tomatoes to this crock pot recipe. What's really cool, is that when the crock pot reaches a certain temperature, the cherry tomatoes burst and mix with the seasonings to create a savory sauce.

Ingredients:
  • 1 package of hot sausage (remove from casing)
  • 2 red peppers, sliced
  • 1 small onion, sliced
  • 2 packages of cherry tomatoes
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 4 cloves of garlic, minced
Directions:
  1. In the crock pot, combine all ingredients and stir to combine. Make sure you break apart the sausage into tiny pieces. 
  2. Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
  3. Serve over ziti.
  4. Enjoy!
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. So I may have sent this link over to my boyfriend! (vegan over here) I'll let you know what he thinks of it :) Would love for you to stop by my latest!
    xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I am so glad it is getting cooler out because that means we use our crockpot all th etime! Yay for easy cooking haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks sooo good! And warm! Which is great for the cooler weather that is starting!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    southernbeth.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo